Based in Cape Town and reporting into the Chief Executive Officer,
Volt Africa is currently seeking a Digital head of sales to formulate the growth strategy and drive tactics to build a robust and profitable digital media business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving National ad sales growth as well as Programmatic revenue across multiple digital platforms.
This role will develop and implement national sales strategies and tactical plans to sell integrated and cross-platform packages across desktop, mobile, video, and branded content.
The ideal candidate understands the past and current media landscape but lives and breathes digitally. He/she is passionate about understanding and leveraging data, to maximise sales opportunities across our extensive publisher network.
Develop, sustain and grow digital solutions, developing key relationships with digital advertisers and partner agencies to meet annual goals
Creatively develop territory growth strategies and account plans while managing a large book of business and delivering new client revenue
Working with the executive team to provide input for a successful and scalable digital sales strategy for establishing relationships with brands, advertisers and media agencies
Collaborate and ensure market alignment with executive peers across all Ad Sales, Marketing, Product, Content and other relevant departments
Work with the content, creative studio digital marketing and operation teams on best practices and product development
Proactively communicate go-to-market strategy to both internal and external stake- holders
Develop and implementation of pricing, planning, inventory, strategies, targets and budgets
Ensures that the Sales Team remain focused on digital stewardship; presentation development; prospecting; building working relationships in the ad buying community; using integrated concepts to develop marketing programs; and delivering compelling presentations.
Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
Enhance strategy by using PPC, SEO, email campaigns, blogs, forums and other social media to generate leads
Must be fully versed with HR management requirement
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or a tertiary qualifications in Sales
- 10 year’s professional media sales experience with at least 3 years management experience or digital/integrated sales in a matrixed sales organisation
- 10 year’s experience in managing Sales Teams nationally
- Extensive knowledge of digital advertising vendors and affiliates, ad management tools and research tools
- Established network of contacts and relationships within the digital ad sales industry
- Successful track record in new business development and nurturing existing client relationships
- Tenacious about finding the right people at the right companies with which to meet and share our story
- Understanding of rate structures, inventory management, budget development and compensation plans
- Understand CRM Technology and have the ability to implement
- Change Management experience
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills, including ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- A strong innovative and creative mindset.
- A strong commitment to Compliance.
- A good command of the English Language
- A valid driver’s licence and reliable motor vehicle
- Ability to travel and entertain as needed
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Volt Africa is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action strategy.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV no later than 31 March 2020 at 16h00.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.